Comparing Artificial & Real Plants
Whether you’re a home or business owner, deciding whether to choose artificial or real plants can be difficult. Plants can be used both indoors and outdoors and help to create to transform a boring space into something that’s a little more lively.
Whether you choose real or fake plants is entirely up to you, however there are pros and cons to each variation. Considering the pros and cons of each type of plant will help you to make a more informed decision over the best type to choose.
Real plants have and always will be popular, however they require a lot of nurturing to help them grow and care to keep them looking great. Whilst real plants will provide clean oxygen in your home, do you really have the time to keep it alive? Below we go through the pros and cons of real plants to help you make a decision over the type you choose to use.
- Natural Choice - Real plants are the natural choice and when used outside they benefit both your garden and the surrounding ecosystem.
- Authenticity - You can’t get any more real than the real thing, they offer a smell and authenticity that fake plants simply can’t compete with.
- Purity - Real plants help to purify the air in your home or business.
- Always Changing - Real pants are always growing and changing, meaning they never look the same. Whether they grow new branches or they begin to flower, the plant will be forever changing and growing.
- Easy Breathing - When you breather your body takes in oxygen and releases carbon dioxide into the air. Plants will then absorb this carbon dioxide. Using plants can increase the oxygen levels in the room they are in.
- Maintenance - Real plants require lots of care and attention to keep them alive and looking great all year around.
- Danger - Both people and animals might be allergic to different type of plants, meaning there at risk if they come into contact with or eat them.
- Decay -When exposed to the wrong conditions or weather plants can decay and die, even when they’ve been well cared for.
- Lighting - Plants require strong natural light for them to grow and thrive. When placed in dark areas or rooms with few windows they are likely to struggle to grow.
Artificial plants are becoming more and more popular and common place in both homes and businesses. With very little maintenance required they stay looking great all year around. Below we’ll go through the pros and cons of fake plants, which will help you to make a more informed decision.
- Hygiene- Fake plants are easy to clean and are less likely to carry parasites or disease like real plants.
- Less Expensive - Artificial plants are less expensive in the long run as you don’t need to keep replacing them.
- Damage - Plants made from plastic are less likely to suffer from any damage.
- Insects - Artificial plants don’t attract insects meaning you don’t have to worry about them coming into your home or business.
- Mood - Some places don’t allow real plants, so fake plants can be used instead and they can also help to improve mood as well.
- Authenticity - Whilst fake plants are becoming more realistic they simply don’t offer the authenticity that real plants do.
- Change - Artificial plants don’t grow or change meaning they’ll never look any difference.
- Dust - Just like ornaments, if there not cleaned regularly fake plants will become dust hoarders.
What We Recommend
Choosing between real and artificial plants can be difficult and the final decision will always come down to personal preference. At Evergreen Direct, we stock a wide range of fake plants that offer a realistic look. With a team of experts, we can provide expert advice about the best ones to choose and we can even assist in the design process for bespoke project too.